Sunday, January 3, 2010

Contest Winners


I think this was a pretty good first contest from a quality of guesses standpoint.

Duane wins with the exact right total of 37, he had the teams flipped but he even had the individual scores right.

Second is The Night Owl with the guess of 36 and the upset.

Third place goes to Captain Canuck who guessed 38 and I know technically they were both one point away but we're going to go with a price is right style tiebreaker (don't worry Captain I'll send you a random young guns RC from this year to make it up to you).

I've also decided that rather than setting the prize tiers for you the first place finisher gets first pick, second place gets the second and Captain Canuck gets the remainder (AdamE made me realize that it should be winners choice).

Duane, please leave a comment and let me know what you want so the Night Owl can make his pick or just send me an e-mail (Redwingshockey82 at hotmail.com) . And Captain Canuck I need your address so I can send you your prize so please e-mail me too.

Thanks to everyone who entered.

4 comments:

  1. Great contest Joe! Thanks! Duane got the score dead on with the first guess-just had the teams wrong... I was excited bout the contest that I actually watched some of the game. It made me feel a whole bunch warmer. Thanks again for a fun contest and congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! and some Young Guns! Worth losing the tie breaker to Owl...

    Thanks for doing this! I'll email you later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great contest dude. Before the game I thought my guess was even better, with the weather being what it was. Turns out I know nothing about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. I think I'm more happy about picking the winning team.

    ReplyDelete