Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Halladay a Phillie?

No, it hasn't happened yet and I don't think it will that's why I haven't written about it yet. I honestly don't think Toronto will part with him and I don't think Philly will be willing to pay the Jay's asking price. If the Brewers gave up a Top 10 prospect in LaPorta for CC, a guy they new wouldn't be there for more than a few months, what does Philly have to give up for a guy who's under contract for more than three months? CC was a true rental player, Halladay is not. I just don't think is realistic. Unless Carlos Carrasco and Michael Taylor are involved this trade probably won't happen, the question is do the Phillies give up potential for a proven commodity, I would but I don't think they will, baseball GM's are always too enamored with what could be instead of what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment