Tuesday, July 14, 2009

All-Star Game

The All-Star game ended about an hour ago, I really wasn't too impressed. Halladay got knocked around Crawford made a great catch, Ryan Howard still likes striking out ( a lot) and Jonathan Papelbon looks intense at all times, seemed pretty average to me. Nothing really "all-star" about it except the names on the back of the jerseys.

It really didn't do anything for me and neither did the home run derby last night, I still don't know why Brandon Inge and Joe Mauer were out there, they're good players but Ted Kluszewski and Dave Kingman they aren't. Prince looked dynamite, other than that and Nelson Cruz murdering the ball it was basically three hours of TV I probably skip and catch the highlights on Sport Center next year. Then again Josh Hamilton smashing the ball out of Yankee Stadium was great, I'll probably watch again next year if he's in it. I'm not sure why he wasn't out there actually, I know he's been injured for a good portion of the year but it honestly isn't the same without him out there.


1 comment: